Spay and Neuter
How does spaying and neutering help my pet?
- Enhances your pet's health and quality of life
- The cost of licensing is considerably lower
- You will do your part to prevent the birth of unwanted puppies and kittens
- Decreases a pet's desire to roam and mark their territory
What is the best age to spay or neuter my pet?
- Consult with your veterinarian about the most appropriate time to spay or neuter your pet.
- Considerations are the breed, age and physical condition.
- It is NOT best to wait until your female dog or cat has gone through its first heat cycle.
What is the pet overpopulation problem?
- County animal shelters are overflowing with cats and dogs resulting in longer shelter stays, stress, illness, disease, lowered adoptability of pets and ongoing need for euthanasia.
SBCAS-Community Services Team
548 W. Foster Rd.
Santa Maria, Ca 93455
Submit your spay-neuter appointment request here: