How to Obtain Services
24 Hour Crisis Response and Service Access Line
To obtain help for someone experiencing a mental health crisis, there are three possibilities:
- If the crisis places anyone in immediate danger, call 911.
- If there the crisis does not involve immediate danger, call the 24-hour toll-free Access Line at (888) 868-1649.
- If it is not a crisis and if the person has private insurance coverage through a health plan (such as Blue Shield, Aetna, etc.), call the health plan to get a referral to a covered mental health provider.
- For Medi-Cal beneficiaries seeking mental health or substance use disorder treatment, and for all others, call the 24-hour toll-free Access Line at (888) 868-1649. Someone is available to assist you 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Access for hearing-impaired persons is available through the 711 Telecommunications Relay Service.
To contact a member of the Behavioral Wellness staff:
Telephone the service site at which the staff member you are seeking is located. Here are the telephone numbers.
- 2-1-1 online, searchable database of resources in Santa Barbara County
- CenCal Health Programs for Medi-Cal Beneficiaries
- Santa Maria Community Health Centers
- Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic
Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics Behavioral Health Care